Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"New Year, New Me"

New Year, New Me


Around this time of year, there are a plethora of motivational quotes and photos encouraging a fresh start and a new you. Traditionally, this is the time
In 2014, I have some high hopes and aspirations. There are many things I left undone in 2013 that I plan on tackling this year. And as I sit in reflection on the past and dream for the future. A New Year marks the death of the old and birth of the new which is a very exciting time for most people. I am sure you have seen numerous New Year resolutions on facebook, in blog posts or from friends filled with declarations of change.

Every single year, I set myself resolutions, and every single year there’s at least one that is completely over the top and that I am challenging myself to try and achieve. Every single year, without fail, I end up either forgetting about my resolutions completely until about halfway through the year, when I remember and then make a half-hearted attempt to achieve them in any way possible, or I just don’t actually achieve them. So, this year I won’t be one of those people who says “new year, new me” because I don’t particularly want to be a new me – I like the current me just fine, I’d just like to tweak her a bit and a little more confident!

The power of positive thinking really has been working. This year I decided to cut all bad habits and really work on a new me. I do take time to reflect on the past and look forward and plan for the year to come. I see a new me in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment